We were supposed to start round 11 of chemo today. But due to the latest scan Chemo is on hold for now and a CD with the latest scans are being couriered to Toronto today. So far it looks like there will be no further chemo as it does not seem to be working anymore but we are waiting for guidance from the nb specialists. The last shrinkage due to chemo was 6 rounds ago. The specialists and our team here will come up with a new plan asap but it looks like we might be flying back to Toronto as a next step. Originally surgery was planned for early September but they are now trying to have it done in August. The surgery will be way more invasive by the sounds of it. We are waiting to see what the team in Toronto thinks about the latest scan and the neurosurgeon can give us an idea about the different steps of the surgery. Until then we will have to practice our "waiting skills" We are very grateful for the amazing support of our oncologist here at BCCH, he is so understanding and supportive and truly cares about Lina and us! Rght now he is tryng everything to speed up the process.
Lina is doing well but is still pretty clingy and tired (which translates to "less busy").
thank you for all the amazing support, the lovely messages and thanks for checking in
I hope you all get to enjoy the nice summer weather :)